I am not sure if these facts are true (I have learned not to trust random websites with facts... sometimes not even Wikipedia), but they seem intruiguing, and funny:
16. In ancient Rome, when a man testified in court he would swear on his testicles.
A better incentive for not to swear in vain?
21. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades = David ; Clubs = Alexander the Great ; Hearts = Charlemagne ; Diamonds = Caesar
Jew, Greek, Frank and Roman. But Caesar was never a king!
29. On average, 12 newborns will be given to the wrong parents every day.
I always suspected that one... I can believe this one being true :-P
32. Chocolate can kill dogs; it directly affects their heart and nervous system.
If this is true, it is a miracle Layka has lived so long!
41. The Three Wise Monkeys have names: Mizaru (See no evil), Mikazaru (Hear no evil), and Mazaru (Speak no evil).
Always count on the japanese for ZEN moments
53. Coconuts kill about 150 people each year. That’s more than sharks.
we should start the War on Coconuts!
64. IBM’s motto is “Think”. Apple later made their motto “Think different”.
lol.
69. The Olympic was the sister ship of the Titanic, and she provided twenty-five years of service.
Didn't they dare God to sink the Olympic?
76. During his entire life, Vincent Van Gogh sold exactly one painting, “Red Vineyard at Arles”.
I guess true artists follow their dreams even in the toughest circumstances.
82. Chewing gum while peeling onions will keep you from crying.
Really?
125. There is actually no danger in swimming right after you eat, though it may feel uncomfortable.
Argh, I don't know who to believe anymore!
133. On a Canadian two-dollar bill, the American flag is flying over the Parliament Building.
Err... why? Isn't the Queen of England enough! Jeez, they have serious identity problems.
147. “101 Dalmatians” and “Peter Pan” are the only Disney animations in which both of a character’s parents are present and don’t die during the movie.
Good, or else I probably wouldn't have liked Bambi
156. A cockroach will live nine days without its head before it starves to death.
What is life?
170. Los Angeles’ full name is “El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula”. It can be abbreviated to 3.63% of its size: L.A.
Hispanics always prefer longer names... that is why we have two last names :-)
225. A dragonfly has a lifespan of 24 hours.
:-(
244. The Toltecs (a 7th century tribe) used wooden swords so they wouldn’t kill their enemies.
Very thoughtful warriors.
254. People say “bless you” when you sneeze because your heart stops for a millisecond.
Now that explains it.
284. Most household dust is made of dead skin cells.
!!
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I've heard about the kings in a deck of cart, apparently it will come up as a clue in this weird site:
http://www.ouverture-facile.com/
I think u can take the test in French :P
#29) I knew there was something wrong :P
#32 Layka shows its exagerated... however I think it does end up messing their liver :(
#53 As Samantha Bee would say "Can we afford NOT to have a War on Coconuts?!"
#69 I think they learend their lesson :P
#125 This one is the strongest of the myth... I think its true... isn't it? My reality will collapse if its a lie.
#133 ... ok... I'm kinda dissapointed.
#284 I heard it once on the discovery channel, it must be true.
Acaros rejoice
Wow, no sabĂa
Damn I was thinking of those, but now I can't find Acaro on the web... seems I'm confused...
Damn... Acaros are the one that give you Sarna... ok guess I have to check this things before posting... but mhe... I'm to lazy :P
Acaros de polvo = Dust Mites
yo busque acaro en wikipedia y despues puse "english" y asi salio :-P
I read something else about the god bless for sneezing - something along the lines that sneezing was considered a good omen in the old days - a sign from god. That is where god bless comes from.
Given this discrepancy, I submit the other facts to be nulled. :-P
People should read this.
Post a Comment