Saturday, October 21, 2006

I found today this software The Atlas of world history. It lets you see European/Asian and North African history from 3000BC to 1000AD. I don't know why did they stopped at 1000, it would have been nice to have the maps at least until around 1800. The software also has an old feel to it. Like an MS-DOS program, but still I think it is worth the download and the exploration.

We can see here that while Sumerians were alredy thinking on writing down the epic of Gigamesh, other ancient civilizations like Greece, India or China were not even on the map.



This must have been a very interesting time to live in the Mediterranean and Middle East; The Medes (O.k. fine, Cyrus had already taken over the Medes, but still), Persian, Lydians (Yes yes, Cyrus was also coming your way), Greeks, Babylonians, Egyptians, Phoenicians (Carthage), Etruscans, Romans, Celts. :) Very diverse, so many "civilized" cultures. I guess China was also civilized, but it was too far away.




Long live Parthia! and Rome!



Not exaclty correct according to my alternate histories :-)









Or BioGeek's history:-)

2 comments:

Kanmi the Conqueror said...

The software is for windows :(

When are we going to build my new PC??

When are we going to make new ancient history via PBEM???

Why so may questions left unanswere????

styx said...

I thought you had a pc in your lab...